I challonge you to ...

Support multi-player games

I'd like to be able to use Challonge for three-player games (with different options i.e., one winner per game or points distributed based on finishing order, etc.)

561 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    girodias shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

47 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Rob McConkey commented  · 

Thank you thank you so much. We have a racing game in which 4 teams race at the same time with 1 winner. This would be EXTREMELY helpful when this get implemented.

• Alex Kryvoshei commented  · 

This is the most anticipated feature I would like to see on the Challonge! Currently there is no way to handle multi-player tourneys in games like Need For Speed when 4-8 players race in every round.

I have created a mockup of how it could look - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21390494/multi-play.jpg

What settings I would like to have for such tourneys:
        - set # of rounds
        - name each round (it should be displayed as 'Round 1 - %custom_name%')
        - highlight 1-3 places in every round (not displayed on the mockup, but it could be similar to current distinction of the 1st place)

Thank You!

• Anonymous commented  · 

Implement this so you can play any game with more than 2 players.

• Rob McConkey commented  · 

YES! Please please implement this. Right now you have 2 teams compete in a match that produces 1 winner. But the game we play is a racing game that actually has 4 teams that compete at once which then produces 1 winner. Is there a way to increase the numbers of teams per match from 2 to 4?

Thank you very much, and this is a great site

• Eric Portney commented  · 

This is ESSENTIAL if we are ever to use Challonge to control brackets and pairings for board game tournaments. I help plan/organize tabletop tournaments for several large conventions (PAX, Emerald City Comicon, etc.) and have been desperately looking for a tourney admin/bracket system that can handle 1v1v1v1v1 in Round 1, and then gracefully drop to 1v1v1v1 in Round 2 if needed.

• Christian Auby commented  · 

This is high on my request list as well. Would be very useful for game tournaments that allow more than two players, such as Smash Bros and Mario Kart.

• chad franklin commented  · 

this would allow challonge to be used for pinewood derbys (for scouts and other organizations)

1 3 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base