I challonge you to ...

More API Documentation

Google API Group seems inactive. I'm a web developer and am looking to utilize the api to display tournament info on my website.

Although I have a good working knowledge of various apis it would help tremendously if some basic code snippets were given to demonstrate some of the api functionality.

A html example of display tournament bracket would be a great start.

Thoughts?

89 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mark D. Hulett shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Solid documentation for just about everything on the back end. I'm new to web development and would like to integrate this and twilio's APIs to create something that can help running tournaments easier. I would like to see something for the front end if possible.

• AdminChallonge Developers (Admin, CHALLONGE!) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Mark,

Sorry for missing your earlier message. The Google API Group was just introduced recently and is for change and availability notices only.

What language are you writing in? The PHP and Ruby libraries have some good snippets for getting started; not sure about the Python one. Whatever the language, there's likely a solid REST library that will get you started.

As far as _rendering_ the brackets goes, we don't have any samples for that currently. However, we're completely redoing our bracket back-end and renderings this year, and API users will be given more guidance for creating their own.

Best,
        Dave

Feedback and Knowledge Base