I challonge you to ...

Add Completed Tournaments to Organization

I think organizations would benefit greatly if organizers were given the opportunity to connect completed, previously unconnected tournaments to their organization. As of right now, if an organizer starts a tournament separate from an organization, there is no way to fix this at any point after the creation of the event.

I have hosted multiple tournaments in somewhat of a "series," and for organizational purposes, it would be convenient to have them all grouped in the same organization. The first two of these tournaments are separated because I was not aware of the organization feature at the time (it may not have even existed at the time, I am unsure), and it is unfortunate that there is currently no way to fix this.

I imagine this feature may potentially be difficult to implement, especially if the owner of an organization wished to connect tournaments that were hosted by other individuals. I am eager, however, to know if something like this has been considered.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    bonygrunt shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminChallonge Developers (Admin, CHALLONGE!) responded  · 

Hello,

This is already possible. A user who organized a tournament as an individual can change its host to an organization they belong to (from a tournament’s settings page). Note – this will change the tournament’s URL to include the org’s subdomain.

Let us know if we’re missing something or if you have any other questions. Thanks!

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Bradley Sheehan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For anyone looking for the "HOW-TO" on this.

Go to the tournament settings page
        Click on "Host" to change it from your individual username to the organization under which you want it moved.

• Tim Cox commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sure would be nice if this was a clear how-to, been trying to figure it out

Feedback and Knowledge Base