Skip to content

Feature Requests

75 results found

1. Show in translating latvian language

Hello. I as much of us are using Challonge for tournament tables etc. I would like to translate Challonge to latvian, but it is not showing in translation list.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Two Stage Tournament API

There are a good amount of options in the API but still a lack of support for two stage tournaments. Could this be rectified as I need this data for an application I'm making.

246 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is available in V2.1 of our API. Consider this a very soft launch, but you're welcome to try it out by following the documentation at https://api.challonge.com/v2/api_docs/single_swagger_doc - we don't have fine-grained control of group assignment, but there's enough here to fully progress a two-stage tournament and report both group stage and final stage matches.

We'll have much more significant API news in 2024. Thank you!

3. API support to mark an match in progress

We currently have support to submit match results but I would also like the ability to mark when a match is in progress.

Match Update call does not recognize parameters that are not documented so updating "underway_at" member does not work.

409 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Swiss for the first stage in two stage format

Currently, Swiss is available as single stage and as the final stage in two-stage format. However, in two-stage format, you cannot select Swiss as the first stage.

In many official tournaments, Swiss is the first stage and Single Elim is the second stage.

612 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  205 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Begin participants in loser's bracket

In tournaments in which participants advance from pools to a final bracket, such as top 64 or top 8, it would be very useful to be able to place a participant in loser's bracket. the way the bracket exists now, you have to do a bunch of weird false matches in round 1 in order to organize the loser's bracket correctly. i know that it is possible to run a tournament with multiple stages via challonge, but for tournaments which features thousands of entrants it would be helpful to just create a single top 64 or top 8 bracket with…

40 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

For double elimination, you can now select our new “Split Participants” option to start half of the participants in the winners bracket, and the other half in the losers bracket. This option is available for both the group stage and final stage.

Please contact us if you have more complex scenarios where the split isn’t 50/50, but we aimed to handle most use cases while making the option simple to use.

Thanks for your patience everyone!

David

David Cornelius
    Head of Technology, Challonge
    Logitech

6. Manually assign players to groups.

If you have a groupsize of 4 and 17 participants, one of the player will be in a group on his/her own.

If you could manually assign groups you could make, say 5 in one of the groups, or 3 groups with 3 in every group, rather than to get on person getting a bye all the way to braket-stage.

Other than that, i think Challonge is the by far best tournament organizing tool, simple and effective.

266 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Create "Stations" where we can assign tournament matches to

This would make it very easy to manage what match is going on where. Otherwise, they have to be self managed or not managed at all, which is a mess. It would be nice to have a section called "Stations", I can enter in my stations, and then for each match, I can mark what station it is on.

356 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Just released along with options for (1) automatically assigning open stations to matches and (2) requiring a station on a match before opening it.

A separate feature we’ll be following up with is a dedicated station view for TVs & projectors that includes a queue for upcoming matches.

Hope you enjoy!

8. Fix Swiss system (bye issue)

At this moment, if you run a Swiss style tournament with odd number of players, seeding is completely broken. The whole idea of Swiss system is to pair the players according to points. At this moment, system pairs is not using this rule, but probably games won - major flaw - it's not including points for "byes". Look at my tournament:

http://fpo.challonge.com/NH1

After first round I had 4 players with 2 pts - the system paired two of them with players that lost their games. After second round I have two platers with 4 pts and they are not paired…

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add the dutch language

Me and most of my friends use challonge to create tournament, but the most frequently asked question is: "what does this mean"? thats why i would like to help translate the site to dutch, but there's no option to do this.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I added Dutch to the list of languages on our translation site, so you can contribute by navigating to challonge.com/translate

Thanks for your help!

10. add MVCI to game list please.

It's been long enough, my ranking site uses your API to pull stats and I have no way to get it to display MVCI...

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Done! Sorry for not verifying that game sooner. Existing tournaments associated with a bunch of variations of the same game are all attached to “Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite” now.

11. Adding Steel Division: Normandy 44 as a game

Hey I already created 3 Tournaments for Steel Division: Normandy 44 on challonge and the game will leave Beta next week, so I would like to see it becoming a selectable game. I will not be the last one to create a Steel Division so it would be really helpfull to be able to search for tournaments of this game in the future.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Front End UI Match Identifier does not match API Match Identifier

Recently Challonge updated their front end UI and with the bracket matches have been updated to be identified by a number instead of a letter. However the API still returns matches back with the identifier labeled as a letter.

This makes it impossible to identify what match is where in the bracket. And has brought my development to a standstill.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I just pushed out an update for this. New match records will have a “suggested_play_order” integer value that matches the Challonge front end. I’ll make a note to backfill old match records as well, but it might be a week or so.

13. Numbering individual Swiss matches

As a tournament organizer for local CCG tourneys, we've been looking for something a bit more reliable and came across Challonge. After running our tournament using your website, everything worked perfectly but the issue is this:

Is there any way to number the match-ups in the round? This becomes pretty important when most of the people are out of town and have no idea who they're sitting across from (i.e. each match is assigned a 'table')

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Pruning our feature request forum and found this. A while back, we started labeling all matches in Challonge with letters, so that should take care of this. Thanks!

14. I am extremely impressed

With all the Updates, Dashboard and all the Many Hours put in to make this So Professor

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Enter a score without selecting winner "Live Score"

Enter the score without selecting a winner, so therefore it would be a live score.
    For example if the winner is first to 5, I would like the ability to be able to show an update when thee game is 3-2

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion – this is now supported! When scores are reported without a winner selected, you’ll still need to OK the alert message that pops up, but then the scores will show up on the bracket for everyone to see.

16. Two stage tournament, round robin. Need all participants to advance from the group stage into the final stage

All participants advance from group stage, not just 3 out of 4/ 4 out of 5 and so on...

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is already possible, but we may not have announced it a while back.

We have some improvements to make when seeding the 2nd stage, but for now, you can manually adjust positions in the final bracket as needed.

17. All teams advance in the Round Robin Group Stage.

Is it possible to have the option of all teams advancing from the Round Robin in the Group Stage to the Final Stage? In the tourney I am organizing the results of the Round Robin Group Stage will determine your position in the Final Stage. Teams are only eliminated in the knockout stage. There are not a lot of teams in the tourney so everyone would like to have a shot at the knockout stage.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This just shipped. Please be aware that if your final stage has byes, you’ll likely need to rearrange final stage pairings to your liking. We try to prevent players in groups from rematching in the final stage, but this currently breaks down when byes are involved.

18. Support multi-player games

I'd like to be able to use Challonge for three-player games (with different options i.e., one winner per game or points distributed based on finishing order, etc.)

566 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now select “Free For All” for tournament type to run matches with 3-16 players. You can advance any number of players per match, and they’ll get paired in the next round. Once a round is reduced to 1 match, that becomes the final round.

Please give it a shot and contact us at helpdesk@challonge.com with feedback. We’ll add additional flexibility to the feature in the future, but it’s already powerful and opens up some exciting possibilities!

19. Looser should not be able to win in double elimination

I need a double elimination tournament where a player that has lost a match not is able to get to the final. I.e. if I have a double tournament with 8 players, the second round are semi finals and match G is the final. Loosers go to the second bracket like before, but loosers round 3 is the match for 3rd and last in the tournament.

65 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Show links to Sign Up during check-in periods

Really REALLY love the new check-in feature. Previously I had been trying to manage a similar style of check-ins with 100+ people for online tournaments, and this makes everything a BREEZE now.

The only issue is that currently, during the check-in period, you're no longer able to sign up for the tournament from the front page of the bracket. I have to go into my settings, find the signup sheet, and have them sign up from that page.

I generally post the bracket link for signups because they're smaller, and include rules descriptions etc.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4