I challonge you to ...

Triple and Quadruple Elimination Options

I looked around and I only saw a post about triple elimination tournaments from about four or five years ago. I can understand that quadruple elimination can be a huge pain to implement but I think that triple elimination would be great to see.

I would love to see a triple elimination option. Would anyone else use this?

82 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Dusty shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Adam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is sorely needed.

Triple elimination is the most important feature you could have on a tournament website.

• Michael Capewell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this is a necessity now. I can understand not adding it in 2010 when it was first requested, but surely now it can be added? At least triple elimination.

• Loïc Jallu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We backgammon players, all around europe, us, and probably the rest of the world, massively use triple swiss elimination format. Currently we need to use self made tools, specifically for this format, but Challonge could be our unique tool for all formats. Also, alternatives to Challonge does not yet provide this, it could be a great differentiation feature.

• mz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

same here! were just a group of 5-6 friends and the other formats make the tournament end kind of quickly. quadruple elimination is what were now using but id be happy with triple as well

• David Shults commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes i think it would be great because we have not that many entrants 20-30 for our weekly tounraments, and a lot of setups (10-15). Triple would be awesome

Feedback and Knowledge Base