Feature Requests

I challonge you to ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. API: Teams

Allow to change teams by using the API (updating / adding / removing users from teams)

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow voting for group stage matches

We use Challonge to create brackets where we vote on songs. We'd like to add a group stage component to this, but it doesn't seem to be possible to use voting there. We'd like to have group stage matches where the "goals" are votes. 3 points for a win, 1 point for a draw. Then you could use "vote difference" as a tiebreaker.

Is this something that could just be turned on? It doesn't seem like it'd be any different than voting in elimination tournaments.

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please allow for a non-median Bucholz system for tiebreakers.

Please allow for a standard (non-median) Bucholz system for tiebreakers, as the median-Bulchoz system can lead to awkward results in small tournaments with a smaller number of rounds.

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Support Magic the Gathering style Swiss tournaments and tiebreakers

Hi, I'd really like to run Magic the Gathering Swiss tournaments on challonge, but challonge's implementation of Swiss currently doesn't allow this.

A number of changes would need to be made for this modified system, but this should be quick to impement.

These changes are:

Paring
    ----
    When paring in an MTG tournament, each round should be paired randomly, pairing down if necessary, ignoring tiebreakers. Challonge currently pairs by seed, which means that parings are deterministic between rounds. It would be nice to be able to support a cut to top 8, but this isn't necessary because a new tournament…

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Edit [misc] data from the participants page

Previously, I posted a request to view [misc] data from the participants page:
    http://feedback.challonge.com/forums/44455-feature-requests/suggestions/11293446-view-misc-data-from-the-participants-page

I now see that this isn't enough. I would like to be able to edit [misc] data directly from the participants page. Right now you can enter display name and username/email. I would like a third field that allows us to enter miscellaneous data.

Why? I just wrote a system with the API that allows us to seed events based on our own external ranking system database. In that database, every user is given an ID#. I would like it so that when people sign up,…

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow fields for team member names

I run a League of Legends tournament every month and would like an option to allow captains to include team member summoner names. To avoid "ringers", and allow teams to scout each other before games, these would lock for users at a given date/time but still be editable by the tournament organizer.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Change default round labels

In double-elimination brackets, the round labels that are widely used are for winner's bracket: Winners Round 1, Round 2...Quarterfinals, Semifinals, Finals, Grand Finals; and for loser's bracket: Losers Round 1, Round 2...Quarterfinals, Semifinals, Finals. I know the round labels can be customized but it would be better if the above labels could be default for every bracket I make.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. allow for Table Numbers in Tournament Brackets.

In tournaments, rounds are often assigned to table numbers. It would help a lot if Challonge would default to labeling pairings in each round by table number. This would allow the bracket print out to tell players which table number they are assigned to. The default option should be assign players with the highest rank to the lowest table number.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Swiss Tie-Breaker #2

Is there any way a second tie breaker could be added to the swiss format?
    First divide even scores by the entrant's they won against's total wins like it already is then break up the scores that are still tied after that by using total wins of the entrants they lost against?

I would like to use this program to host tournaments for a game I run but currently we still end up with ties even with the current tiebreaker.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Court Limit/Waiting Position for Swiss Mode

If there are less courts then games to play. Should help to manage a tournament, where more games had to be played then courts are available an teams have waiting positions. Just to give an overview of the number of rounds to play, number of games for each team, etc.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Blind draw Dart Tournament

I play a lot of Blind Draw double Dart tournaments. The idea being that you do not know who your partner in until that draw. My suggestion is that a mode where the tournament director enters each player, selects tournament mode - Blind draw - 2 players. Your program would then generate the pairing randomly and populate the bracket. Current tournament directors will not use Challonge because they cannot fill in the players prior to the draw for partner, by the time this is completed and if they were to use your program and they fill in the pairing names,…

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ability to change url/subdomain of an Organization

We created a new organization about a month ago. The name was too specific and the scope of our organization has grown; hence a name change. However... the url/subdomain is now inconsistent with the new name.
    It would be nice to have the capability to change the url/subdomain.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make an app for iPhone/android

It's sometimes hard to use the mobile site if you have to host a tournament where there is bad wifi or none at all. It would be really helpful to have an app that users could log into and have the same features as the site without the bugs that sometimes appear when using the mobile site.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Multiple Players/Teams per game

It seems that there is a lack of this feature in all of the bracket systems out there. It could be used for actual brackets or also for seeding rounds.

Bracket Examples:
    super smash brothers Free For All tournament.
    4 players per game. Top 2 move on.
    - racing games tournaments
    8 players race. top 2 or 4 move on.
    - FPS games free for all or multi team tournaments
    8 players play top 2 or 4 move on.

Seeding example
    8 players, 4 per game, 2 rounds
    top two players from each game move on to play each other…

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Discord Integration!

Integration to Discord in (almost) all forms. I'm specifically suggesting 2 (two) forms:
    1. Discord Profile/Username & Tag in our Challonge Profile (or settings). Can be the "Application Connection" to the Discord account basically. (You can ask the Discord Devs to add Challonge in the account connections :3)
    2. Challonge Bot:
    The bot will post tournament updates in a specific server that the host chooses (must have access to the server ofc).
    The bot can also update the tournament through commands in Discord (Admins and Host probably).

I recommend that the Developers/Support people have a Discord Server so that the…

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add event locations and dates to the matches page table

On the Matches tab it would be nice for location and time to be displayed so it reflects a real calendar without the user having to click more details.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. implement "normal" Buchholz in addition to Median-Buchholz

Median Buchholz only works in large tournaments since the best & worst scores are eliminated. For a three game event... there is very little data left to create a valid tiebreaker.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Adding Brawlout as a game

Hi there, I'm the community manager for a game called Brawlout, it would be great if Brawlout was available as a game for users to select.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Away and Home games on Round Robin

It would be nice to have 2 games against the same oponent in round robins, like Away and Home games... Not only in RR but also in SE and DE

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. RSS Support

It would be nice if Challonge supported RSS feeds. This would allow people to follow their favorite tournament organizer and get notified when new tournament become available. Players could even follow the bracket via RSS and get score updates as the tournament progresses.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature Requests

Feedback and Knowledge Base