Skip to content

Feature Requests

75 results found

1. Swiss for the first stage in two stage format

Currently, Swiss is available as single stage and as the final stage in two-stage format. However, in two-stage format, you cannot select Swiss as the first stage.

In many official tournaments, Swiss is the first stage and Single Elim is the second stage.

612 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    completed  ·  205 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Support multi-player games

I'd like to be able to use Challonge for three-player games (with different options i.e., one winner per game or points distributed based on finishing order, etc.)

566 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now select “Free For All” for tournament type to run matches with 3-16 players. You can advance any number of players per match, and they’ll get paired in the next round. Once a round is reduced to 1 match, that becomes the final round.

Please give it a shot and contact us at helpdesk@challonge.com with feedback. We’ll add additional flexibility to the feature in the future, but it’s already powerful and opens up some exciting possibilities!

3. 478 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. API support to mark an match in progress

We currently have support to submit match results but I would also like the ability to mark when a match is in progress.

Match Update call does not recognize parameters that are not documented so updating "underway_at" member does not work.

409 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Create "Stations" where we can assign tournament matches to

This would make it very easy to manage what match is going on where. Otherwise, they have to be self managed or not managed at all, which is a mess. It would be nice to have a section called "Stations", I can enter in my stations, and then for each match, I can mark what station it is on.

356 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Just released along with options for (1) automatically assigning open stations to matches and (2) requiring a station on a match before opening it.

A separate feature we’ll be following up with is a dedicated station view for TVs & projectors that includes a queue for upcoming matches.

Hope you enjoy!

6. Multiple Round Robins

I think it would help to allow users to specify how many round robins to have in a tournament. I'm going to be running tournaments that require a double round robin format, so this would be a great help.

311 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Just released!

Now that you can do multiple round robins, the schedule list of matches can get really long, so I’d like to follow up later with a match grid.

7. Manually assign players to groups.

If you have a groupsize of 4 and 17 participants, one of the player will be in a group on his/her own.

If you could manually assign groups you could make, say 5 in one of the groups, or 3 groups with 3 in every group, rather than to get on person getting a bye all the way to braket-stage.

Other than that, i think Challonge is the by far best tournament organizing tool, simple and effective.

266 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Two Stage Tournament API

There are a good amount of options in the API but still a lack of support for two stage tournaments. Could this be rectified as I need this data for an application I'm making.

246 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is available in V2.1 of our API. Consider this a very soft launch, but you're welcome to try it out by following the documentation at https://api.challonge.com/v2/api_docs/single_swagger_doc - we don't have fine-grained control of group assignment, but there's enough here to fully progress a two-stage tournament and report both group stage and final stage matches.

We'll have much more significant API news in 2024. Thank you!

9. 166 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The first round of changes for this were just rolled out. You can now attach a location and scheduled time to matches; however, there are limitations we’re working to remove:

(1) Matches can’t be scheduled until a tournament is started. This is due to us not persisting the match records until everything is situated. The main downside is that first round matches will start (and trigger notifications) before they can be scheduled.

(2) Location and scheduled time are only visible from ‘Match Details’ modal windows. We’re still working to notate the presence of this info in the bracket without creating too much clutter.

There are several other improvements we plan to make, but I wanted to make what we have available without further delay.

Thanks everyone for your patience!
    Dave

10. Moving individual players on the preview screen

In a lot of the tournaments we run, we will try and "rig" the tournament so that players who normally practice against each other, or play each other frequently, don't have to be matched up. (Allow for new competition, etc.)

Something that would make this really easy, is that after the seeding process is done and you get to view the preview; if you could just drag and drop players to different spots. This would allow you to resolve the situation I previously described, as well as still see the seeds and make it fair.

111 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. confirmation of participation

Would be great to force players to confirm that they will actually play, not just 'register and forget'. Implement adding stage between register and publishing tournament where players have to enter site and click some kinda 'I confirm that I will play' button :)

90 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Option for only the Host of the tournament to send emails to participants

I am hosting a tournament where I had 99 Participants. One of the participants sent bulk messages (approximately 15 messages) to all other participants promoting her games page through our tournament. The messages also asked people for their User Names, email address and passwords so she can sign up for them.

I spoke with another games page administrator who confirmed this same person did the same thing to his page.

It would be ideal if we have an option that only the host of the tournament can send emails to participants, this would prevent people spamming other players.

75 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow team tournaments

We use Challonge several times a year for several tournaments during our regional LAN parties. Not having a way for us to add teams (rather than individuals) to a tournament can be troublesome for us.

Current Process:
    -- Post sign up link
    -- Ask everyone to form their teams, and sign up with a single team name, and a single email notification

Better Process:
    -- Post sign up link
    -- Allow people to sign up and either (a) create a new team, or (b) join an existing team
    -- If joining an existing team, the team captain will receive an…

69 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Marking this completed, but we’ll continue to make improvements to this feature. In particular, inviting a team member without a Challonge account by email and viewing team members on hover in the bracket.

14. Looser should not be able to win in double elimination

I need a double elimination tournament where a player that has lost a match not is able to get to the final. I.e. if I have a double tournament with 8 players, the second round are semi finals and match G is the final. Loosers go to the second bracket like before, but loosers round 3 is the match for 3rd and last in the tournament.

65 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Upload starcraft 2 replay files

Be able to upload starcraft2 replay files (.SC2Replay) about 200KB / file. Less if .rar/.zip.

Preferable to bind the files to some games also so that when i click a game i come to a page with all replays, comments and so on

57 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Display the full list of results instead of just top 3

In our tournaments, we award a certain number of points to each player based on their final standings. So having that full list would be very helpful for me when awarding points. Additionally, players often ask what place they ended up in; this would alleviate some confusion.

I'm fine with the top 3 being displayed by default, but perhaps making that div expandable? 'click to see the full results' or something.

45 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Round Relabeling - Custom Control

Allow users to either rename the rounds "Preliminary - Round 1" or add custom fields to that. With this, tournament coordinators could add tournament specific information to the round, such as Map/Maps for the round, Best of 3/Best of 5, etc. etc.

42 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This feature will be available tomorrow morning (USA EST). Organizers will be able to provide up to 3 lines of text in each round label. Also, the default “Preliminary Round” will be replaced with “Round 1”

Once available, just click a round label to edit it.

18. Begin participants in loser's bracket

In tournaments in which participants advance from pools to a final bracket, such as top 64 or top 8, it would be very useful to be able to place a participant in loser's bracket. the way the bracket exists now, you have to do a bunch of weird false matches in round 1 in order to organize the loser's bracket correctly. i know that it is possible to run a tournament with multiple stages via challonge, but for tournaments which features thousands of entrants it would be helpful to just create a single top 64 or top 8 bracket with…

40 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

For double elimination, you can now select our new “Split Participants” option to start half of the participants in the winners bracket, and the other half in the losers bracket. This option is available for both the group stage and final stage.

Please contact us if you have more complex scenarios where the split isn’t 50/50, but we aimed to handle most use cases while making the option simple to use.

Thanks for your patience everyone!

David

David Cornelius
    Head of Technology, Challonge
    Logitech

19. Accept bracket predictions for any tournament

Accept predictions for user knock-out tournaments (single & double elim), similar to the NCAA tournament hosted on Challonge.

35 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow for an ad-free version of brackets on the Challonge site

While the ads aren't particularly intrusive on Challonge, I'd like an option to remove them from the Challonge website for an extra fee. If nothing else, it would be a nice way for users to support Challonge that don't need a module for their own site.

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?